COMPRESSION MOLDED CLOSURES
Cormack Packaging is proud to announce access to Compression Molded closures for the beverage market.
So what is the difference between compression molded and injection molded technology and what benefits does it afford users?
- Injection Molding uses a screw to force molten plastic through a gate into a form
- Compression Molding uses semi molten plastic being forced into a shape under pressure
Benefits of Compression Molded closures:
Light-weight but stronger closure
- Unique double compression moulded process producing a light- weight closure
- Compression process minimises closure stress points for stronger caps
TE band offers:
- Low & consistent application forces
- Excellent flushing capabilities
Compression liner for excellent sealing vacuum retention = product stability
- Available in barrier, non-barrier and custom options
Low application torques
- Applied in-lbs: 25 in-lbs
- Removal in-lbs: 15 in-lbs
- Requires less or no steam/heat on filling and capping
- Also leaves liner lubricated with it's natural polymers (slip) which aids removal
- Band encourages smooth, consistent and low application forces
- High speed capping 800 bpm+
- Weight 2,2 grams
- Packing 950 cartons x 2500 pieces = 2.325 million
To request samples of these remarkable closures or to discuss the opportunities this technology can offer your business please contact Cormack Packaging directly.